PowerPoint allows for the insertion/embedding of many types of media and art formats via the insert ribbon bar and insert menu. There are differences, so please explore both.
Insert a video file
- Movie Browser: Collects movies on your computer created/housed by various programs.
- Movie from File: Select using file browser.
- Online movie: Enter URL of video*
Insert an image file
- Picture browser
- Picture from file
- Stock images: collection of pictures available through pop out menu on the right side of screen.
- Online pictures: Enter URL of image*
*If the linked media is removed, it will not appear in your slide.
Insert an audio file
- Audio browser
- Audio from file
- Record audio: This is an individual recording similar to slideshow narration.
Select Insert > Screenshot
- Clicking the icon will capture a picture of your current PowerPoint window.
- Clicking Screen Clipping will open a selector tool. Click one corner of the area you wish to clip then drag to the opposite corner. (ESC exits the clipping tool for another try).