Zoom is a web conferencing tool that provides a “virtual room” for attendees to meet online in real time, to help facilitate online synchronous interaction and collaboration. Zoom’s main features include two-way video, text chat, whiteboards, breakout rooms, polling, and recording of meetings. Zoom can be used for a variety of instructional purposes, such as presentations, office hours, class discussions, exam reviews, guest lectures, or class group work.
All University employees and students with an active @uncsa.edu or @artist.uncsa.edu email address can create and host Zoom meetings by logging into their UNCSA Zoom account: https://uncsa.zoom.us/signin
- Sign in via UNCSA Zoom Portal.
To sign in, go to https://uncsa.zoom.us and select the “Sign in” button. This will prompt you to log in using your UNCSA credentials.
- Zoom provides apps for Apple and Android devices, Windows, Mac and Linux via their
download page: https://zoom.us/support/download
- Sign in via the Zoom app.
- Select on ‘Sign in with SSO’ (links outlined in yellow).
Desktop app login
For connectivity and application support issues, all UNCSA users of Zoom can also contact Zoom support directly. Zoom provides 24×7 support via live chat and telephone.
- Live chat: Select the Help icon in the lower right of any page at Zoom’s website. First, enter a search term to get links to help documents, then select the “Contact us” button to chat live with a person at Zoom.
- Telephone: In the USA, call 888-799-9666 and select 2 for Support.
- Contact Daryl Weade at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instant Meeting invite
- Manage Participants
- Nonverbal feedback
- Screen Sharing
- Closed Captioning
- Breakout Rooms
For more information about Zoom in general, please visit the Zoom website.