Medical services are provided by a team consisting of a Board Certified Family Physician, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, and certified medical assistant. UNCSA partners with Wake Forest Baptist Health Sports Medicine Physicians.
On-campus weekly clinics are held to evaluate and follow up with students facing injury, providing referrals for imaging, specialist, and other services through Wake Forest Baptist Health Medical Center.
Hours and Location
7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Note: Opens at 8 a.m. on Wednesdays.
Closed Friday from 9:15-11 a.m. for staff meeting
The Health Service staff can provide services that you would find at a medical practice.
- Allergy injections
- Immunizations (consent form)
- Immunization for international travel
- Routine laboratory testing
- Contraception (birth control pills, Implanon® or ring)
- HIV/STD screening
- Foot care
- Nutritional counseling by a registered nutritionist
- Primary health care evaluation and management, including but not limited to, asthma, allergy, infectious diseases, headache, gynecology, cholesterol and health screening, injuries, high blood pressure, acne, and other skin conditions, and tobacco cessation
- Health Education Services provides health and wellness presentations, classroom collaboration, health coaching awareness events and campaigns and one-on-one consultations.
- Athletic Trainer services
- Massage therapy
- Transportation arrangements to medical facilities for appointments.
- Referrals for medical, surgical, X-ray and dental needs
- Self-service station is stocked with over-the-counter medications and bandages