Rehearsal & Commencement Day Information
All students planning to participate in the Commencement must attend this rehearsal. Rehearsal should last about 45 minutes.
11 a.m. Friday, May 4, 2018
at the Stevens Center
Transportation provided: A bus will be provided from campus. Meet at Performance Circle in front of School of Music Complex. The bus will depart 15 minutes before the scheduled rehearsal time. Students who plan to drive themselves to rehearsal should know that parking is limited downtown during the week and there is no free parking for the Stevens Center.
In case of emergency: If an emergency arises that causes you to be late or miss rehearsal, you must contact Erin Morin (email@example.com) to ensure a place will be reserved for you on stage.
Rehearsal Day Check-In
- On the day of the rehearsal, all students should enter the Stevens Center through the Stage Door Entrance on Marshall Street and take a seat in the chairs provided on stage.
- There will be a few remarks from members of the Commencement Committee. Specific procedures (processional, seating, accepting the diploma, etc.) will be covered. Closing comments regarding final status of individual graduates will be announced.
- This is your last chance to take care of any unfinished business, such as account holds, that may jeopardize your participation in the graduation. Only students who have completed their academic requirements may participate in the ceremony.
Commencement Day Check-In
Saturday, May 5, 2018
arrive at 9:15 a.m.
- Graduating students should arrive at the Stevens Center promptly at 9:15 a.m. the day of Commencement. The ceremony starts at 10 a.m.
- Enter through the Performers’ Entrance ramp off Marshall Street and you will be directed to the appropriate areas.
- As you arrive, stage managers will be at a check-in table to sign you in and hand you your Graduation Card. You must carry this card with you in order to process and receive your diploma.
Questions? Contact the Registrar’s Office at (336) 770-3295.