Apply & Audition
Apply & Audition
|Priority Registration Deadline||Registration Deadline|
|April 16, 2018
Registrations received after this date cannot be considered for UNCSA scholarships.
|May 1, 2018
Registrations received after this date are considered on a case-by-case basis as space allows. Registrations received after a program has been filled will be placed on a waiting list.
Participation for SummerVoice is open to students who are at least 12 years of age. There is no upper age limit, though most of our students will fall in the 12-18 age range.
After you have submitted audition materials (if applicable) we will notify you by email if you have been accepted into the intensive. Acceptance emails will include a registration link for online registration – you must fill out the online registration to be enrolled.
Submit audition materials* to:
Amanda Schumpert, Director of SummerMusic Programs
School of Music
University of North Carolina School of the Arts
1533 South Main St., Winston-Salem, NC 27127
*Digital files are preferred, but physical copies of any materials requested are also accepted.
1. Submit two (2) letters of recommendation:
- One letter preferably from a music teacher, preferably the private instructor;
- One letter from an individual who can address the student’s level of maturity (as an academic teacher or guidance counselor).
2. Submit Audio or Video recordings of two (2) pieces or movements.
- Video can be sent via DVD, uploaded onto YouTube with link or sent via Dropbox.
- Audio can be sent via CD, emailed as mp3 or uploaded onto YouTube with link.
3. Submit a resume and/or repertoire list specifying the music the applicant has studied and any previous experience in their area of study.