Graduate Music Admissions
UNCSA offers Master of Music (MM) graduate degrees with several instruments of study in the School of Music. Along with your online application and required application documents, you will audition with the music faculty. Admission to the UNCSA School of Music program is based on a combination of your artistic and academic merits.
Graduate voice applicants should review the Fletcher Opera Audition Process for complete application procedures.
Deadlines & Audition Dates
Instrumental & Composition Applicants
Application Materials Completed by
Graduate Audition Dates
|Monday, January 8th, 2018||Friday, January 26, 2018|
|Monday, January 22nd, 2018||Friday, February 9, 2018|
|Monday, February 5th, 2018||Friday, February 23, 2018|
|Monday, February 12th, 2018||Friday, March 2, 2018|
|Application Materials Completed by||Graduate Audition Dates|
|Monday, February 5th, 2018||Friday, February 23, 2018
Monday, February 26, 2018
Choice of audition dates depends on when you complete your online application and submit your required application documents. More choices of audition dates will be available to you the earlier you apply.
Students who audition on all dates except March 2, 2018 are eligible for scholarship consideration.
Applicants to all graduate Music programs should have completed an undergraduate degree or be scheduled for completion of a degree prior to the upcoming Fall semester.
Test Scores (International Applicants)
International Applicants: TOEFL or IELTS Scores
International applicants are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores, with minimum scores of:
- TOEFL: 79 internet-based, 550 paper based, 213 computer based
- IELTS: 6.5
Completed Application, Fees & Required Documents
1. Complete the CFNC online application.
2. Pay your Application Fee: $95 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents, $130 for international applicants or non-resident aliens. Application fees are non-refundable.
- Online: Follow payment instructions on the CFNC online application.
- Check or Money Order (through a U.S. bank): Make payable to "UNCSA" and include your full legal name. Mail your payment and signed Application Agreement Statement—downloaded at the completion of the online application—to the Office of Admissions.
- International Applicants: Use Flywire to pay your application fee online through an international bank or pay by check or money order through a U.S. bank as listed above.
3. Upload all Required Application Documents at least two weeks prior to your scheduled audition.
Please note: If you are applying to two different UNCSA art schools (Music, Filmmaking and Design & Production) you will need to complete a second application and pay a second application fee.