Broadway Commercial Dance Lab
Broadway Commercial Dance Lab
Directed by Broadway legend Elizabeth Parkinson, this new addition to our programming focuses on the very unique and varied skill set every Broadway and Commercial dancer must have.
|Broadway Commercial Dance Lab||July 8 - 21, 2018|
Our philosophy is simple: excellent dance, vocal and acting technique is the foundation for all of today’s successful Broadway and Commercial dance professionals. We anchor this two-week program in daily Ballet class and springboard from there into Theatre Dance, Jazz, Hip Hop and Precision Jazz. Top professionals from the industry will work with the students on past and current Broadway repertory as well as original commercial choreography.
Students will have additional classes in voice, acting and on camera acting as well as seminars on money management, personal branding, college admissions and the business of commercial and theatre dance. There will also be an additional focus on audition techniques with faculty members and a commercial/theatrical agent from NYC.
The Intensive will culminate in a fully-produced concert at the Stevens Center.
If you wish to be considered for admission to the Broadway and Commercial Dance Lab, you must audition by video audition via e-mailed link.
Video Email Audition Requirements
Please provide all requested information below by email to Elizabeth Parkinson at email@example.com. Video auditions are open now and close on March 25, 2018. We encourage you to send video submission early. No fee required.
- Student’s name, date of birth, mailing address, email address and phone number
- Please denote auditioning for Broadway and Commercial Dance Lab
- Link to online video
- Applicants should wear recommended attire (see below)
- Applicants must be 12 years old by June 17, 2018
Video Email Audition Must Include
- In the center with no barre: Plié in first and second positions, tendu, and dégagés not to exceed two minutes in length filmed from the side.
- In addition, three combinations:
- A ballet combination demonstrating use of space and pirouettes of your choice.
- A combination in your choice of style (theatre dance, ballet, or jazz): demonstrating dynamic leaps and extensions.
- A combination reflecting your personality in your favorite genre of dance (commercial jazz, hip hop, ballet, jazz, tap or theatre dance). Please do not exceed 3 minutes.
- Optional: If you are an excellent singer or actor please present 16 bars of one song of your choice and/or a 30 second monologue of your choice. Please choose material that is appropriate for your age.
- For ladies: black leotard with black tights, ballet shoes, theatre heels, jazz shoes depending on the choreography you are executing. Sneakers and additional clothing may be worn for hip hop.
- For men: dance belt, black t-shirt, black tights or very close fitting athletic pants, black ballet shoes, mens character shoes, jazz shoes depending on the choreography that you are executing. Sneakers and additional clothing may be worn for hip hop.
Results of video auditions will be sent via email. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of your audition, please contact Elizabeth Parkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about the results of your audition. Due to high volume of audition participation, individual feedback from auditions cannot be given.