Kenan Portable Internship Application
The Kenan Portable Internship is a Career Pathways program of the Thomas S. Kenan Institute for the Arts and the UNCSA Office of Career Development and Community Engagement that allows recipients to design a creative, 6- to 10-week-long summer internship with arts organizations or professionals within the United States.
Kenan Portable Internships can support:
- experiential learning in a specific arts field
- field research and experience to advance work and knowledge on a particular topic
- professional training and development
Internships are awarded directly to students through a competitive process. Awards are all-inclusive and can be up to-- but will not exceed--$5000. The award will be paid directly to recipients.
Rising seniors, graduate students and recent alumni (Classes of 2018-2013) may submit an application. Successful applicants must:
- be recommended by a UNC School of the Arts Dean
- secure a letter of intent from the proposed host organization or individual
Portable internships cannot be used in conjunction with other UNCSA grants.
- Completed online application (below)
- Estimated costs of internship (below)
- Dean nomination (PDF to be uploaded below)
- Letter of intent from the host organization or artist outlining support for the potential internship (PDF to be uploaded below)
- One-page résumé (PDF to be uploaded below)
- Two letters of support from individuals familiar with the applicant’s artistic work and character (PDF to be uploaded below)
Finalists will be scheduled for an interview with the selection committee in March 2018.
February 28, 2018
For questions about Kenan Portable Internshisp, contact Rebecca Nussbaum at email@example.com.
Thank you. Your Kenan Portable Internship Application has been successfully submitted.