William Keith Hobgood has over 28 years as co-owner and an animator at BAFTA-nominated Out of Our Minds Animation Studios. The studio's feature-length animation and four short films have been accepted in over 600 film festivals, winning over 124 awards. This lived experience has had a profound effect on how Hobgood sees the entire industry and understands how it works. He brings this perspective to his courses — with one toe in a working commercial studio, his students are exposed to the most current industry expectations.
As much as I value skills and craftsmanship, I also convey the human-to-human business of entertainment, where being considerate of how your role is interconnected with other roles is essential.
William Keith Hobgood
- Adjunct Animation Faculty Member at UNCSA since 2011.
- Co-Owner, Out of Our Minds Animation Studios.
- Panelist for the Sedona International Film Festival, Turks and Caicos Film Festival and Wake Forest University.
- Speaker at NC Central University, A&T University, Winston-Salem State University and CDI.
- Illustrated two childrens books.
- Over 600 film festival showings.
Awards, Recognitions and Honors
- BAFTA nomination: "Dear, Sweet Emma" (2003).
- Hollywood Film Festival: Best Independent Animation, "The Magistical" (2009).
- Over 120 film festival awards.
B.F.A Communication ArtsEast Carolina University