International Opportunity Grant
The International Opportunity Grant is a need-based funding source for UNC School of the Arts college students wishing to participate in arts-based international education opportunities abroad. This funding opportunity is possible because of a generous donation from the Richard W. Averill Foundation.
Grant awards range from $500-$1,000. Grantees must submit their reimbursement request within two months of project completion or the funds will be forfeited due to failure to comply with grant stipulations.
Other Requirements to consider include:
- All applicants must have a completed FAFSA on file with the Office of Financial Aid.
- All applicants must be accepted in the proposed project in the grant application
- The proposed project must occur in the current academic year
- The proposed project must not occur after applicant graduates from UNCSA
- All reimbursements occur after project completion. No funds will be distributed prior to project completion
The International Opportunity Grant Committee will notify applicants the decision via their UNCSA’s artist email address. It is imperative to check emails and respond to all deadlines in a timely manner (including award acceptance).
For grant consideration, applicants must complete all fields in the application, including the proposed budget.
- If submitted on or before Dec. 6, 2019, you will be notified on or before Jan. 10, 2020.
- If submitted on or before Feb. 21, 2020, you will be notified on or before March 13, 2020.
Upon completion of your study abroad trip, please complete and submit the reimbursement form. For a more in-depth explanation of the process, please refer to the emailed instructions from the International Study Coordinator.Upon completion of your study abroad trip, please complete and submit the reimbursement form. The reimbursement process was explained in your notification email.
Thank you. Your International Opportunity Grant has been successfully submitted.