The University maintains a 20,600 sq. ft. Fitness Center where students can learn, play, workout or get fit in group classes. While the facility is closed, the Fitness Center will continue to provide educational information on health and fitness such as fitness videos, articles, virtual fitness classes and outdoor opportunities.
Modified hours as of Monday, Sept. 28:
11 a.m.-2 p.m.
10 a.m.-1 p.m.
Make a Reservation
You must wear a face covering and follow Fitness Center protocols.
- Outdoor fitness reservation - up to 6 people per 1 hour time slot
- Indoor gym reservation - up to 12 people per 1 hour time slot
- Indoor Pilates Class - up to 6 people per class
- Indoor Yoga Class - up to 6 people per class
UNCSA is dedicated to the health and safety of the campus community. In consideration of the COVID-19 pandemic, safety measures, precautions, and enhanced sanitation are required to provide recreational fitness activities and opportunities in the campus fitness center. These include extensive cleaning protocols, enhanced procedures, and social distancing practices within our facility. Patrons will be asked to follow signs and floor decals located throughout the facility to ensure the safety of all. You will notice increased spacing and/or inaccessible equipment to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- Practice personal hygiene
- Wipe down each piece of equipment before and after each use with provided supplies
- Guests are asked to minimize the number of personal belongings they bring into the facility
- Bring your own towel and yoga mat, etc.
- All must cover their mouth and nose with a mask or cloth face covering.
- Wash hands regularly
- Maintain at least 6 feet of social distancing
- Stay home when sick or if you have any adverse responses to the daily self-assessment
Enhanced Measures for Your Safety:
- Increased space between equipment, with physical barriers in some spaces
- Cleaning and disinfection supplies on hand for use in Fitness Center
- Frequent cleaning of equipment and surfaces, both during operating hours and during scheduled closures
- Enforcement of lower occupancy limits
The following are on pause until further notice:
- Equipment checkout (basketballs, rackets, etc.)
- Towel service
- Water fountains (Water bottle fill stations will remain open)
- Lounge spaces
- Locker use/lock rental