Brent Harvey teaches tuba and euphonium in the School of Music and in the Community Music School. He has also served as Associate Professor of Low Brass at Winston-Salem State University since 2011.
Harvey has performed with the Minnesota Orchestra, the National Wind Ensemble in Carnegie Hall, the Catania International Festival Orchestra in Italy, the Fountain City Brass Band in the United Kingdom and Western Europe, the Pine Mountain Music Festival Orchestra, the Charleston and Long Bay Symphony Orchestras and in North Carolina with the Greensboro, Winston-Salem and Fayetteville Symphony Orchestras.
He has appeared on National Public Radio and Minnesota Public Radio broadcasts with the Minnesota Orchestra. He actively performs with the Tubas In The Sun tuba quartet, Piedmont Polka Practitioners, Ardmore Brass Quintet and holds the principal B-flat Bass chair in the North Carolina Brass Band, among others.
- Associate Professor of Low Brass and Music Theory, Winston-Salem State University, 2011–present; Adjunct Professor of Music, 2007–11
- Adjunct Associate Professor of Music, Wake Forest University, 2019–present
- Instructor of Tuba-Euphonium, UNCSA Community Music School 2007–present
- Pi Kappa Lambda – National Music Honor Society, Tau Chapter
- Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia – National Music Fraternity, Iota Epsilon and Mu Beta Chapters
- International Tuba-Euphonium Association (ITEA)
- The National Association for Music Education (NAfME)
- North Carolina Music Educators Association (NCMEA)
- College Music Society (CMS)
- The National Society of Collegiate Scholars (NSCS)
- North Carolina Tuba Consortium (NCTC)
B.M.University of Minnesota