I use my wide-ranging experience to build a foundation for student driven exploration and discussion. I prepare my students to stand out from other professionals in the field by promoting personal integrity and professional excellence.
- Bridges Leadership for Faculty Women
- Bard College and Uriel Weinreich Summer Intensive Program in Yiddish Language, Literature, and Culture and Seminar in Yiddish Theater, Jewish Theological Seminary, NYC
- Yiddish Language Immersion and Yiddish Theater Study, Vilnius Yiddish Institute, Universiteto Vilnius, Lithuania
- New York State Teacher Certification Requirements, Classes for Teachers in Child Abuse/ Violence Prevention, Adelphi University/BOCES Garden City, NY
- Small Business and Entrepreneurship Certificate, Baruch College, NYC
- Standardized Patient Certificate, USC Medical School, Department of Theater, Columbia, SC
- Successfully led UNCSA initiative to bring rank to faculty
- A member of Actors Equity Association, with Off-Broadway performance experience and Yiddish theater experience
- Artist-in-residence experience with at-risk and gifted students
- Directorial experience with professional youth and adults
- Publishing scholar, playwright and performance poet
- Project Director of The Kenan Writers’ Encounters for 5 years, a visiting writers’ series at UNCSA.
- Run workshops to educational, community and theatre professional groups centered on devised performance and the use of ritual in theater.
- Research interests center on creative process, psychobiography, gender and ethnic issues, as well as Jewish and Yiddish theater.
Awards, Recognitions and Honors
- YIVO Foundation Scholarship, Bard College/YIVO Summer Intensive Language Class at the Jewish Theological Seminary, NY
- Reassigned Time (Faculty Development competitive semester sabbatical). Funding for six months training in Yiddish language and Yiddish theater
- Award for Excellence in Teaching, UNCSA
- Recipient of over $250,000 in project grants
- AFAS, Winston-Salem, NC