A champion of chamber music, Jacquelyn Bartlett was born in Detroit, Michigan, where she was surrounded with music. Her mother, Mary Bartlett, is a noted harpist, arranger, composer and teacher and Bartlett began her musical studies with her at an early age. A dedicated and passionate educator, she is much sought after as a teacher, chamber music coach and presenter for master classes and seminars.
- Formerly served on the faculties of Duke University and UNC Chapel Hill; currently teaching at Appalachian State University and UNC Greensboro in addition to UNCSA
- After continued studies with world renowned harpists, Carlos Salzedo and Alice Chalifoux, she made her solo debut at age 16 in Chicago’s Orchestra Hall in a performance of the Handel Harp Concerto, which received high critical praise
- Additional harp teachers include Lucy Lewis, Lucille Lawrence and Susann McDonald
- Invited to perform with many of the world’s leading orchestras including the Detroit Symphony, the New York Philharmonic, the Indianapolis Symphony, the Rotterdam Philharmonic, the Slovac Radio Symphony, the Baltimore Symphony, the Kansas City Philharmonic, the North Carolina Symphony and the Milwaukee Symphony
- Has worked with some of this generation’s most well known composers such as Aaron Copeland, George Crumb, Alberto Ginastera, Dan Locklair, George Rochberg and John Rutter and with conductors such as Eugene Ormandy, Sixten Ehrling, Sergiu Commissiona, Aaron Copeland, James Paul, Izler Solomon and Pierre Boulez
- Founder and ten-year Artistic Director of SummerMusic in Blowing Rock, N.C. and Music at St John’s in Valle Crucis, N.C.
- Founding member of Fire Pink Trio and long time member of Mallarme Chamber Players
- Has written and published articles in professional journals, edited music for publication and is a recorded artist on the Albany, Capstone and Naxos labels
Wworld premiere recording of Dan Locklair’s Concerto for Harp and Orchestra with the Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra was released by Naxos and has received high, critical praise
- American Harp Society
- World Harp Congress
HarpOberlin Conservatory of Music
High School DiplomaInterlochen Arts Academy