Jason Bohon teaches in the UNCSA School of Drama after having previously taught in the Department of Theatre & Dance at the University of Kansas and in the MFA Actor training program at the University of Missouri- Kansas City. He has also taught in the BFA Musical Theatre program at Drake University and the BFA Actor training program at the University of Minnesota/Guthrie Theatre.
- Bohon has taught movement, mask, devising and voice at the University of Kansas, and movement and mask for the MFA Actor Training Program at the University of Missouri at Kansas City.
- Taught at Drake University, University of Central Missouri and the University of Minnesota/ Guthrie Theatre BFA Actor Training Program.
- For 10 years, Bohon has been an Actor-creator and Producing Director for Split Knuckle Theatre, a devising theatre company based in New York and Connecticut. In addition to creating shows as an actor-director, he manages logistics of tours and residencies, both nationally and internationally.
- Split Knuckle teamed with Korn/Ferry International, a global leadership-training firm, to develop Split Knuckle's production of "Endurance" into a performance-training tool for business leaders around the world. This production toured from Connecticut to New York, London, Paris, Athens, Frankfurt, Prague, Bangkok and the Netherlands.
- Bohon specializes in mask, movement and devising techniques rooted in the pedagogy of Jacques Lecoq. He also holds a 500-hour yoga instructor certification through the Yoga Alliance.
- Jason is also an Executive Business Coach with Exec/Comm, a communication skills firm based in New York City.
Awards, Recognitions and Honors
- Split Knuckle's partnership with Korn/Ferry International was recognized in American Theatre magazine, "The Americans Are Coming."
- Best Ensemble Award at the New York International Fringe Festival for Split Knuckle Theatre's "The Curious Case of Phineas Gage."
- Connecticut Critics Circle Award for Outstanding Production and Connecticut's Best Theatre Productions for Split Knuckle Theatre's "Endurance" in residence at Long Wharf Theatre.
- National Alliance of Acting Teachers (NAAT)
- Actors Equity Association (AEA)
- Association of Theatre Movement Educators (ATME)
- Network of Ensemble Theaters (NET)
- Association of Performing Arts Professionals (APAP)
- Theatre Communications Group (TCG)
- Lincoln Center Directors Lab
M.F.A. Physical TheatreLondon International School of Performing Arts/Naropa University
B.F.A. Theater PerformanceUniversity of Central Missouri
B.A. English LiteratureUniversity of Central Missouri