Jeff Hammer has more than a decade of teaching experience at the college and high school level. As a freelance filmmaker, he currently has several projects in various stages of production and development.
There are two mantras that I tend to preach above all else. Learn by doing, and to write is to rewrite.
- Projects as a writer/director/producer have screened at 30+ film festivals around the world
- Formerly taught in the School of Cinematic Arts at the University of Southern California and in the School of Motion Pictures & Television at Academy of Art University
- Producer/Co-Writer of the upcoming feature "Iké Boys"
- Producer of the upcoming documentary feature "American Gadfly"
- Producer/Writer/Director of the feature "Live or Die in La Honda"
- Producer of the Amazon web series "Personal Space"
- Script Consultant for the upcoming feature "Skylin3s"
Awards, Recognitions and Honors
- Associate Producer of "Curtiz," nominated for 12 Hungarian Film Awards (winner of 3) and Grand Prix des Amériques (Best Film) of Montreal World Film Festival
- Producer of short film "Iago," winner of Best Drama at the Oscar-qualifying L.A. Shorts International Film Festival
- DMG Entertainment Screenwriting Fellow and finalist for the Walt Disney Studios/ABC TV Screenwriting Fellowship
MFA, ScreenwritingUniversity of Southern California
BS, English and Molecular BiologyUniversity of Wisconsin-Madison