Violin faculty Kevin Lawrence's own depth of musical conviction, his rich experience with several important figures in the history of violin playing, along with continuing engagement with prominent performers and teachers—both as director of Green Mountain and through ongoing international contacts—gives him an unusually broad perspective on how a student may attain success as a violinist.
I provide a thorough grounding in the foundations of violin playing as developed by Ivan Galamian and his school, with a teaching style that belongs to today’s young musicians—emphasizing dialogue, personal connection and respect for the spirit of inquiry.
- Master classes throughout the United States and in Canada, Germany, Austria, the Czech Republic, Russia, Bulgaria, Romania, Slovenia, Israel, Costa Rica, Venezuela, China, Thailand and Korea.
- Founder and Artistic Director Emeritus, Green Mountain Chamber Music Festival.
- Taught at Meadowmount School from 1980 to 1993, the last violinist appointed to faculty of this school by its founder, Ivan Galamian.
- Solo recitals and chamber music performances at Merkin Hall and Weill Hall at Carnegie Hall; Alice Tully Hall and Miller Theater in New York City; at the National Gallery of Art in Washington, DC; at the Cleveland Museum of Art and the Baltimore Museum of Art; at the Moscow Conservatory and St. Petersburg State Capella in Russia, and the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam.
- Concerto engagements with Charlotte Symphony, Richmond Symphony, Greensboro Symphony, Anchorage Symphony, Shreveport Symphony and Sofia (Bulgaria) Philharmonic.
- Chamber music recording with flutist Carol Wincenc on Bridge Records, recognized as Critics Choice by American Record Guide.
- Chamber music collaborations with Raphael Hillyer, Matt Haimovitz, Steven Doane, Ransom Wilson, Eugenia Zukerman, Kyung Sun Lee and Daniel McKelway, Joseph Robinson and David Jolley.
M.M. MusicThe Juilliard School
B.M. MusicThe Juilliard School