Laura Martin has taught ballet in the School of Dance since 2010 and is currently an associate professor. She finds that teaching at UNCSA provides incredibly rewarding opportunities that continue to deepen her perspective of ballet. In addition to assisting guest artists with the staging and rehearsing of ballets on campus, Martin has staged work internationally.
The fun of teaching is trying figure out how to reveal the person that they are when they are dancing while also staying within the guidelines of classical ballet technique.Laura Martin
- Trained at The Washington School of Ballet, under the direction of Mary Day, with supplemental training at The Joffrey School and The Chautauqua Institute.
- Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet (CPYB) teacher training
- American Ballet Theatre National Training Curriculum (NTC) certified
- Danced for The Washington Ballet, Miami City Ballet and American Ballet Theatre (ABT), performing the works of choreographers such as Balanchine, Tudor, de Mille, Tharp, Taylor and Graham, as well as most of the classical ballets.
- Following her time with American Ballet Theatre, Martin was invited to join the Broadway cast of "The Phantom of the Opera."
CertificateABT National Training Curriculum