Loredana Moccia has worked with students from diverse nationalities, backgrounds and professional skill levels in Italy, Canada and the United States. She has taught English as a Second Language, Italian and German for over two decades, and has a real passion for teaching and student success. In addition to teaching beginner and intermediate level courses, Moccia has developed new courses such as Italian for Opera Singers, Italian Culture and Civilization, and Italian for Business.
I strive to create a communication “bridge” and develop an understanding of students' needs and difficulties in language acquisition. With this knowledge, I try to modify my approach to that which I believe best suits the specific needs of the individual student.
- Instructor of Italian, Elon University.
- Instructor of Italian for Singers, UNC Greensboro.
- Italian, German and ESL Instructor, High Point University.
- ESL and Italian Instructor, University of Tulsa.
- Director of the ESL Education Center and German instructor, Northeastern State University.
- Italian Lecturer, University of Tennessee.
- Instructor for the Italian Cultural Institute, Italian Consulate of Toronto.
- Italian Lecturer, University of Michigan.
- Professional English/Italian Language Instructor for multiple private schools in Torino, Italy.
- Modern Languages Association.
- American Association of Teachers of Italian.
- Triad Friends of Italy.
- American Association of Teachers of German.
- Vice President of the Triad German Club of North Carolina.
- Honorary Member of Zeta Beta Chapter of Phi Beta Delta (Honor Society for International Scholars).
University Degree Foreign Languages and LiteratureUniversity of Torino, Italy