Rebecca Pancoast came to UNCSA with a varied background in non-profit and corporate theater, themed entertainment, faux-finishing and concert touring productions. Her two-decade career is one hinged upon versatility and adaptability.
I encourage and champion students in seeking confidence in their artistic growth and abilities. By assisting students to develop and be responsible for maintaining their own standard of work, without relying on external validation, I can help them remain achievers in their field.
- Adjunct Professor of Visual Imagination, Florida Atlantic University, 2022-23
- Substitute Instructor of Scenic Painting, University of Central Florida, 2017
- Graduate Assistant for Scenic Painting, UNC School of the Arts
- Scenic Charge for organizations including Palm Beach Dramaworks, Orlando Shakespeare Theatre, Orlando Repertory Theatre, Fulton Opera House, Arkansas Repertory Theatre and more.
- Freelance Scenic Artist for over sixteen years, working for organizations including Atomic Design, LLC, Tait Towers, Miami City Ballet, Orlando Ballet, Maltz-Jupiter Theatre, Westport Country Playhouse and more.
Awards, Recognitions and Honors
- Carbonell Award Nominee for Outstanding Achievement of an Artistic Specialty - Almost Maine, 2022
- Carbonell Award Nominee for Outstanding Achievement of an Artistic Specialty - The Duration, 2022
- Slice Creative Network, Board Member
M.F.A. Scenic PaintingUNC School of the Arts
B.F.A. Set DesignMason-Gross School of the Arts, Rutgers University