ArtistCorps is a program of the Office of Community Engagement
ArtsEngage provides an artist-driven service opportunity by placing accomplished artists in public schools and community-based institutions to work with high-needs students. Artists from UNCSA work directly with pre-Kindergarten to high school seniors to strengthen community and learning through the use of music, movement, acting and creating works of art. Applications are accepted in summer and early fall.
Note: ArtsEngage applications are no longer being accepted for 2018-2019.
Artist Fellows are selected by faculty members for service in local schools or community organizations.
Sites where our members are serving
- Ashley Academy for Cultural & Global Studies
- Bethlehem Community Center
- Brunson Elementary School
- Carter G. Woodson School
- Diggs-Latham Elementary School
- Easton Elementary School
- Milestones Treatment and Learning Center
- Paisley IB Magnet School
- Quality Education Institute Head Start
- RJ Reynolds High School
- Sarah Y. Austin Head Start
- Senior Services Meals-on-Wheels
- Wiley Magnet Middle School
Rebecca Nussbaum, ArtistCorps Program Director
Office of Career Development & Community Engagement
Office Location: Kenan Student Life Center in the Hanes Student Commons