ArtistCorps ArtsEngage Position Description
Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Timeframe: August 20, 2021 – May 2, 2022
Applications for ArtistCorps 2021-22 are now closed.
ArtistCorps ArtsEngage is seeking UNCSA student artists and recent graduates who are interested in serving the community through the arts.
ArtistCorps ArtsEngage seeks creative and / or performing artists who have a desire to use their talents to serve local communities. ArtistCorps members will use their existing skills in the arts and will develop skills in instruction, planning and implementing engagement activities, administration, communication, and other responsibilities as determined in conjunction with service locations.
ArtistCorps serves nonprofits, Title 1 public schools, after-school centers, and other community-based institutions in the Forsyth County, North Carolina area. It is a project of the University of North Carolina School of the Arts.
ArtistCorps ArtsEngage members will commit to 200, 300, 450, or 600 hours of service over the course of August 20, 2021 through May 2, 2022. There will be mandatory trainings in addition to the service hours. ArtistCorps members will be paid $15 an hour.
Service will include:
- Developing and implementing arts instruction and engagement activities.
- Spearheading arts and service related projects at service locations.
- Recruiting, training, and tracking artist volunteers.
- Working as a team with other ArtistCorps members and service location employees.
- Developing and utilizing good communication and administrative skills.
- Assisting with program assessment and evaluation.
Qualifications and characteristics of ArtistCorps members:
- Hold an interest in arts-based community service and a deep proficiency in one or more area(s) of the performing, visual, and motion-picture arts.
- Must be reliable.
- Strong work ethic and excellent organization skills.
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Commitment to serving diverse individuals and communities, especially youth and senior citizens.
- Ability to meet goals and deadlines.
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
- Capacity to maintain service portfolio, monthly blog posts, and other social media posts on behalf of ArtistCorps.
- A desire to grow as an artist and person.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- UNCSA students must be C3, C4 or graduate level.
- Members must be US citizens or have a valid Employment Authorization Document (EAD).
All members must maintain good standing at UNCSA.
- Submit a single PDF, including a letter of interest, résumé, and the contact information for three references to the link below.
- An interview will be scheduled once materials have been received.
- If selected to be a member, the applicant must agree to and pass a criminal history background check. Additional background checks might be required by the service locations.
ArtistCorps ArtsEngage applications open on April 2, 2021. Member slots will be filled by qualified artists on a rolling basis.
ArtistCorps does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.