UNCSA Festival of Dance 2022
Festival of Dance 2022
Welcome to the UNCSA Festival of NC Dance 2022! We are so excited to have the Festival back on campus* this February. The dates for this year's festival will be Friday, February 25 – Sunday, February 27.
*Please note that, due to the everchanging situation with COVID-19, we may need to convert to a virtual event
In addition to the UNCSA Community Health Standards, Festival of NC Dance participants must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Masks will be required for all participants, teachers and directors while in the buildings.
- Vaccines are encouraged and the University may require proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test prior to participation.
- Students must be 12 and older to participate this year.
- No parents or chaperones will be allowed in the buildings this year. Student may ride the shuttle buses from the YMCA parking lot or be dropped off and picked up each day at a designated location.
- Students may bring a small snack and a water bottle with them to classes.
- Lunch is available on campus at the Pickle Jar or chaperones my bring food to eat outside “picnic style.” There are many locations on campus where you will find outdoor tables.
Registration & Fee
This year, pre-registration is available for company directors that would like to reserve their spots but are still gathering student information for a non-refundable fee of $150. Note that this is optional and company directors do not need to pre-register.
Regular registration to participate will close on November 15, or sooner if we meet our maximum enrollment.
Directors will need to register each student individually under one of four categories:
On campus participation
Students interested in virtual participation, must register individually online under the virtual option provided. These classes will be for advanced and intermediate level students only and they will receive the same number of classes as those participating live.
The fee for Festival 2022 is $150 per student. The fee includes three days of master classes from UNCSA faculty and guest instructors, a ticket to see UNCSA’s Winter Dance performance and the opportunity to audition for UNCSA Summer Dance (audition fee waived).
In the event the Festival must shift to all virtual, a refund of $125 will be given to those who no longer wish to attend.
Professional development workshops
We are planning to offer some professional development workshops which will be posted at the later date. Teachers and directors much register for them separately through a link that will be provided.
For more information about the UNCSA Festival of Dance, please contact: