Rules & Regulations
Rules & Regulations
Please review the following Rules & Regulations before submitting a video for adjudication:
- Due to Covid restrictions, all dancers must be masked (subject to change).
- Deadline for submission is December 15, 2021.
- A "company" must consist of three or more dancers.
- All performers must be 11 years of age or older.
- Company works should be presented in the following dance genres - ballet (classical or neo-classical), contemporary, or demi character.
- Male dancers may be brought in to appear as guest performers.
- All dancers, including guest performers, must participate in the adjudication video.
- Works to be adjudicated for this Festival must be between 3-8 minutes in length. Works over 8 minutes will not be considered.
- Choreography, or excerpts of choreography, from ballets now considered to be "standard" repertoire within the major international companies may not be used (examples include Petipa, Fokine, Kylian, Ashton, Robbins, Tetley, Balanchine).
- A paraphrase or reworking of a ballet such as "Swan Lake," "Le Corsaire," "Les Sylphide" or others is not acceptable.
- The choreographer may be by anyone the company chooses. Choreography can be an original work done for the company or a work re-set onto the company.
- You may submit more than one piece, but only one piece from each company/school will be chosen to perform.
- All adjudicated works must be completed. No unfinished works will be considered.
- All dancers must attend their assigned Festival classes unless illness, injury or theater rehearsals intervene.
- The cast of dancers appearing in the adjudication must be the cast of dancers in the Festival performance.
- The decisions of the adjudicators regarding the content of the Festival performance will be final.
- Each director or head of a company must agree to abide by the decisions of the adjudicators regarding choreography, costuming, make-up, casting of dancers, etc.
- Each work shown to the adjudicators must be in costume. The company director must ensure video is of good quality.
- The adjudicators may choose not to include a company in the Festival Gala performance. However, the company and the students of the school are encouraged to attend the Festival and participate all classes and other activities.
- Directors must agree to abide by the theater rules regarding tech time, placement on the program and stage lighting limitations.
- The adjudicators will be in charge of the tech rehearsals and will oversee all aspects of these rehearsals. Any changes the adjudicator’s request regarding a dance work must be implemented by tech time.
- If chosen, music must be submitted electronically.