Rules & Regulations
Rules & Regulations
Please review the following Rules & Regulations before submitting a video for adjudication:
- Deadline for video submissions is December 15, 2023.
- A "company" must consist of three or more dancers.
- All performers must be age 11 or older.
- Company works should be presented in the following dance genres - ballet (classical or neo-classical), contemporary, or demi character.
- Male dancers may be brought in to appear as guest performers.
- All dancers, including guest performers, must appear in the adjudication video.
- Works to be adjudicated for Festival must be between three-six minutes in length. Works over six minutes will not be considered.
- Choreography, or excerpts of choreography, from ballets now considered to be "standard" repertoire within the major international companies may not be used (for example, Petipa, Fokine, Kylian, Ashton, Robbins, Tetley, Balanchine).
- A paraphrase or reworking of a ballet such as "Swan Lake," "Le Corsaire," "Les Sylphide" or others is not acceptable.
- Pieces may be choreographed by anyone the company chooses. It can be an original work or a work re-set onto the company.
- You may submit more than one piece, but only one piece from each company/school will be chosen for the gala.
- All adjudicated works must be complete. No unfinished works will be considered.
- All gala dancers must be registered for the entire Festival and attend all their classes unless illness, injury or theater rehearsals intervene.
- The cast of dancers appearing in the adjudication video must be the cast of dancers in the Festival performance.
- Each director or head of a company must agree to abide by the decisions of the adjudicators regarding choreography, costuming, make-up, and casting of dancers, etc.
- Each work shown to the adjudicators must be in costume. The company director must ensure video is of good quality.
- Directors must agree to abide by the theater rules regarding tech time, placement on the program, and staging, in cooperation with the stage crew. No special lighting effects will be available.
- The adjudicators and stage crew will be in charge of the tech rehearsals and will oversee all aspects of your time in the theater. Any changes the adjudicators request regarding a submitted piece must be implemented before tech rehearsals.
- If your piece is chosen, music must be submitted electronically.