Candidate’s Guide to Mid 10-Year Review
Multi-year contract faculty undergo Mid 10-Year Review during the fifth year of the current 10-year contract. Faculty who are scheduled for review will be notified by the Office of Faculty Affairs by March 1 prior to the review year.
What Guidance Documents Will Be Helpful?
- Procedures & Deadlines for Mid 10-Year Review
- Packet Requirements for Mid 10-Year Review
- Interfolio Login and Help
- UNCSA Faculty Manual (PDF) (see Section 8.1.11 Procedures for Mid 10-Year Review)
- Optional COVID-19 Impact Statement Guidelines
Procedures and Deadlines
Candidate's Mid 10-Year Review Packet (Due Sept 1)
1. The Office of Faculty Affairs will initiate your Mid 10-Year Review case in Interfolio RPT. This is where you will upload your packet materials. You will receive an email from the Office of Faculty Affairs via the Interfolio platform that includes a link to “View Case” when your case has been initiated. Instructions for using Interfolio RPT will be included and can also be found at Interfolio Login and Help.
2. Until your case is created, you may assemble your materials in Interfolio Dossier Institution. Information about using Dossier Institution to prepare for reviews can be found in Interfolio online help.
3. More information about preparing your Mid 10-Year Review Packet can be found in Packet Requirements for Mid 10-Year Review. Be sure to read this – it provides specific details about your packet requirements.
4. Submit your Mid 10-Year Review Packet by uploading your materials to your Mid 10-Year Review case in Interfolio RPT. The due date is September 1.
5. You will maintain read-only access to your packet after the due date but you will not be able to add or edit packet materials.
Peer Review Committee Evaluation
1. Your Peer Review Committee will complete its review and upload its evaluation to Interfolio RPT by February 22 for the Dean’s review. The Dean will meet with the Peer Review Committee to discuss its evaluation and recommendation.
2. The Office of Faculty Affairs will share the Peer Review Committee evaluation with you via Interfolio RPT. You may elect to submit to the Dean an optional response regarding the Peer Review Committee Evaluation. Responses must be uploaded to Interfolio RPT using the provided link within seven calendar days from the date Faculty Affairs shares the evaluation with you.
3. More information about Peer Review Committees including membership and evaluative criteria can be found in Section 8.1.11 Procedures for Mid 10-Year Review of the UNCSA Faculty Manual (PDF).
Dean’s Evaluation & Candidate's Optional Response
1. Your Dean will meet with you to discuss your evaluation by March 28 and will provide you with their evaluation. You will sign an acknowledgement statement indicating you have met with the Dean and received their evaluation.
2. Your Dean will complete their review and upload their evaluation to Interfolio RPT by April 1.
3. You may elect to submit to the Provost an optional response regarding the Dean’s Evaluation. Faculty Affairs will send you the Interfolio RPT link by which to submit the response after the Dean’s Office uploads the Dean’s evaluation and the signed acknowledgement statement confirming the Dean has met with you to discuss the evaluation. Responses must be uploaded within seven calendar days from the date Faculty Affairs shares the evaluation with you.
4. More information about the Dean’s evaluation including evaluative criteria can be found in Section 8.1.11 Procedures for Mid 10-Year Review of the UNCSA Faculty Manual (PDF).
The Provost will complete their review and provide a written response by May 3. The Office of Faculty Affairs will share the Provost's response letter with you via Interfolio RPT.