Alumnus Ashley Lindsey is director of the Summer Dance program at UNCSA and teaches contemporary dance. He has been a member of the Limón Dance company, Lar Lubovitch Dance Company, Helen Simoneau Dance and Jessica Gaynor Dance Company and has performed throughout the United States, Japan, Italy, Switzerland, Hungary, China and Mexico.
Ashley’s choreography includes both concert and commercial dance projects. He recently worked as assistant choreographer to three-time Tony Award-winner Hinton Battle on his show “Danzze Dreams.” His own choreography can be seen in the short film “Drilling Holes into the Sun.”
- Founder of Ashley Lindsey Dance, a contemporary dance company
- Has created works for UNCSA, UNC Greensboro and a number of dance companies throughout the United States and Bermuda
- Teaching credits include guest faculty member at UNCSA, Jose Limon Dance Foundation, NYCDA summer intensive and Joffery Ballet summer intensive
- Has led master classes at Duke University, American Dance Festival ( Samuel H. Scripps Studio), Steps On Broadway and Elon University
- Other professional achievements include performing in the film “Bolden” as well as in commercials for Target, ESPN, Skype and Dental Works
- Has also appeared in music videos for Scott Matthews' “I Wanna Dance with Somebody” and Asgier’s “King and Cross”