Bland Wade tries to create a balance in the classroom that allows him to guide students through their learning process and to be a supportive advisor in their journey. He provides any student willing to learn the tools and skills they will need to take possession of their education, this is what holds their interest and encourages a personal connection to their work.
The insights, attitudes and skills developed at this stage are the template for the rest of their career in a demanding and rewarding profession.
- Created and established the first major course of study in Stage Properties on the Graduate and Undergraduate level at the UNC School of the Arts
- Property Director of the North Carolina Shakespeare Festival, 1980-87
- Production Designer for the Vantage/RJR Reynolds Golf Tournament, Senior PGA 1991 - 2002
- Property Artisan, Actors Theatre of Louisville 1981
- Property Director, Heritage Repertory Theatre, University of Virginia 1978-80