As the inaugural Coordinator of Gender Violence Prevention and Survivor Advocacy, Fulton McSwain Jr. brings over 15 years of impactful experience in the field of interpersonal violence. McSwain previously served as the Director of the Family Services Children's Advocacy Center, establishing it as a cornerstone of support, care and empowerment for those navigating the challenging landscape of child abuse and interpersonal violence. McSwain’s visionary leadership fostered a multidisciplinary team approach, ensuring that all children and families had a voice.
Beyond his professional roles, McSwain is fueled by a passion for the arts. He believes in the transformative power of creativity to impact the world in a positive manner.
Awards, Recognitions & Honors
- National Forensic Interviewing Award Nominee, Zero Abuse Project
- Martin Luther King Jr. Young Dreamer Award, City of Winston-Salem
- Career Opportunities in Research (COR) Scholar, Hampton University
Past & Current Professional Organizations
- Board of Directors, Children’s Advocacy Centers of North Carolina
- North Carolina Coalition Against Sexual Assault
- Winston-Salem Urban League
- National Organization for Victim Assistance
M.S. Education School CounselingUniversity of the Southwest
M.A. Forensic PsychologyJohn Jay College of Criminal Justice
B.A. PsychologyHampton University