My style of teaching reflects a heartfelt desire to help students learn and grow to their fullest potential. I work with students to develop a solid technique in the fundamentals of playing the violin, and expose them to a variety of musical styles and interpretations. I encourage students to develop support networks among themselves, to collaborate in solving problems they encounter in their practicing, and to never stop asking questions. I set manageable goals and help students understand the practicality of consistent practice. I feel there is no improvement too small to be recognized and praised.
- Artist-in-Residence, UVA, 1996-2001
- Greensboro Symphony, 2007-present
- Assistant Concertmaster, Greensboro Symphony, 2013-14
- Frequent guest artist on the Sitkovetsky and Friends chamber Series
- Adjunct Professor of Violin at UNCG, 2003-2007
- Interim Professor of Violin, UNCSA, 2012-13
- Certified Yoga Instructor, 200-hour certificate
- Masterclasses with Sandor Vegh and Nathan Milstein
- Violinist of the Guild Trio for Twelve years, involving tours throughout the United States and Europe.
- Solo tour throughout Africa as winner of the USIA Duo Competition.
- First solo recital in almost seventeen years in 2013, after working to recover from focal dystonia.
- Artist faculty, Performing Arts Institute, Wilkes-Barre, PA
- Artist faculty, International Music festival of the Adriatic, Duino, Italy, 2014
Awards, Recognitions and Honors
- Two-time winner, USIA Competition for chamber music and solo playing
- Winner, Chamber Music yellow Springs
- Director of SummerStrings@UNCSA
- Member, American String Teachers Association
- Congregant, Temple Emanuel in Greensboro, NC
BA and MAJuilliard
DMASUNY Stony Brook