Mid 10-Year Review
Multi-year contract faculty undergo Mid 10-Year Review during the fifth year of the current 10-year contract. Faculty who are scheduled for review will be notified by the Office of Faculty Affairs by March 1 prior to the review year. This guide is intended to provide a Candidate for Mid 10-Year Review a general overview of the process.
Questions should be directed to Kim Pauley in the Office of Faculty Affairs (336-770-3261).
What Guidance Documents Will Be Helpful?
- Procedures & Deadlines for Mid 10-Year Review
- Packet Requirements for Mid 10-Year Review
- UNCSA Faculty Manual (see Section 8.1)
What Forms Are Required From the Candidate
Procedures and Deadlines
Candidate's Mid 10-Year Review Packet (Due Sept 1)
- The Office of Faculty Affairs will initiate a Mid 10-Year Review case for you in Interfolio RPT. This is where you’ll upload all of your Mid 10-Year Review Packet materials. You will receive an email from the Office of Faculty Affairs via the Interfolio platform with a link to “View Case”. Instructions for using Interfolio RPT will be included in your case initiation notification email and can also be found on the Interfolio Login and Help page.
- Until your case is created, you may assemble your materials in Interfolio’s Dossier Institution. Information about using Dossier to prepare for reviews can be found here.
- More information about preparing your Mid 10-Year Review Packet can be found in Packet Requirements for Mid 10-Year Review. Be sure to read this – it provides specific details about your packet requirements.
- Submit your Mid 10-Year Review Packet by uploading your materials to Interfolio RPT. The due date is September 1.
- You will maintain read-only access to your packet after the due date. At that point, you will no longer be able to add or edit packet materials.
Peer Review Committee Evaluation
- Your Peer Review Committee will complete its review and upload the Peer Review Committee
Evaluation & Recommendation for Mid 10-Year Review form to Interfolio RPT by February 22 for the Dean’s review. The Dean will meet with the Peer Review Committee to discuss
its evaluation and recommendation by March 6.
The Office of Faculty Affairs will share the Peer Review Committee evaluation with you via Interfolio RPT after it is submitted by the Committee. You may elect to submit to the Dean an optional response regarding the Peer Review Committee Evaluation. Responses must be uploaded to Interfolio RPT using the provided link within 7 calendar days from the date Faculty Affairs shares the Peer Review Committee evaluation with you.
- If you have questions about the Peer Review Committee process in your school/division, please contact your Dean’s Office
Dean’s Evaluation & Candidate's Optional Response
- Your Dean will complete his/her review and complete the Dean's Evaluation for Mid 10-Year Review. He or she will meet with you to discuss your evaluation by March 28. You will be given copies of the Peer Review Committee’s evaluation and the Dean’s evaluation. You will sign the Acknowledgement Statement for Mid 10-Year Review during this meeting.
Your Dean will complete his/her review and upload the Dean’s Evaluation for Rank Promotion to Interfolio RPT by April 1.
You may elect to submit to the Provost an optional response regarding the Dean’s Evaluation. Faculty Affairs will send the you the Interfolio RPT link by which to submit the response after the Dean’s Office uploads the Dean’s Evaluation and the signed Acknowledgement Statement confirming the Dean has met with you to discuss the evaluation. Responses must be uploaded to Interfolio RPT within 7 calendar days from the date Faculty Affairs shares the evaluation with you.
The Provost will complete his/her review and provide a written response by May 3. Faculty Affairs will send the response to you via Interfolio.