Clifton Matthews Distinguished Professor Dmitri Shteinberg has been on the School of Music piano faculty since 2011. An accomplished pianist, Shteinberg has performed with symphonies including Jerusalem Symphony and Porto National Orchestra as well as chamber music appearances at notable venues including Carnegie Hall and the Kennedy Center.
The student needs to know much more than how to play their instrument. The education also focuses on music history, literature, pedagogy, collaborative skills, time management, wellness and career skills.
- Soloist with Jerusalem Symphony, Porto National Orchestra; and Richmond, Baton Rouge, Charlottesville, Danville and Manassas Symphonies
- Chamber music appearances at Stern Auditorium at Carnegie Hall, Avery Fisher Hall, the Kennedy Center, Kimmel Center in Philadelphia
- Collaborations with Natalia Gutman, Han-na Chang, Shmuel Ashkenazy
- Festival appearances in England, Germany, France, Russia, Canada, Israel and the United States
- Recordings for Summit Records, Sono Luminus and Yamaha Disklavier
Awards, Recognitions and Honors
- Citta de Senigallia International Piano Competition, winner
- Salon de Virtuosi Career Grant, New York, recipient
- Pinchas Zukerman Education Fund, recipient