Kris Julio strives to connect the material and techniques presented in his classes to his experience as an evolving artisan in his own career, and encourage students to recognize how much they intuitively and actively problem-solve in their academic career on a regular basis.
My goal as an instructor is to challenge my students to grow confidently in their skills as properties artisans and to engage with their colleagues as dynamic, critical thinkers who are resourceful collaborators in their careers.
- Properties Carpenter for the Santa Fe Opera, 2013 and 2014 Seasons
- Head Props for Disney’s "Beauty and the Beast", US National Tour (2014-15)
- Head Props for "Memphis, the Musical", US National Tour (2013-14)
Awards, Recognitions and Honors
- Properties Carpentry work was showcased at the 2013 USITT Young Technicians Forum
- International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees
- ACT Member, 2013-present
- United States Institute for Theater Technology
- School Chapter Member (2010-13)
MFA Stage PropertiesUNC School of the Arts
B.A. Theatre ArtsUniversity of California, Santa Cruz