Before teaching at UNCSA, Eric Rimes toured as an electrician, pyrotechnician and moving-light technician with productions of "Aida," "Ragtime," "Martin Guerre," "Spirit," "Jekyll and Hyde" and "Beauty and the Beast." He has also served as an electrician for Vee Corporation, lighting consultant for Hey City Theatre, assistant automation shop supervisor for Scenic Technologies and assistant consultant for Theater Projects Consultants. He currently serves as director of Lighting in the School of Design & Production.
Rimes has also been production electrician for national touring companies of "The Sound of Music" and "Dirty Dancing," as well as for local and regional companies such as Carolina Ballet, North Carolina Theatre, Piedmont Opera and Greensboro Opera. In addition to his BFA, Rimes completed master's level study in technical design and production from the Yale School of Drama.
Graduates are capable of creatively solving the challenges they are presented with professionally. This is accomplished by using a combination of developing many skills, packing knowledge into every opportunity and preparing them to work with others and continue to learn.Eric Rimes
- ETCP recognized trainer and SME, 2012
- Production Electrician, "Sound of Music" tour
- Production Electrician, "Dirty Dancing" tour
- Advance Electrician, "Phantom of the Opera" tour
- Advance Electrician, "Wicked" tour
- Head Electrician, "Aida" tour
Awards, Recognitions and Honors
- UNC Board of Governors Award for Teaching Excellence, 2019
- UNCSA Excellence in Teaching Award, 2019
B.F.A. Theatrical DesignFlorida State University