Undergraduate General Education
The Division of Liberal Arts provides the general education core for the Bachelor of Fine Arts degree and the Bachelor of Music degree. Students earn approximately 25% to 30% of their total degree credits in general education courses.
Students who complete the General Education Requirements should be able to:
- Read analytically and critically.
- Write clearly and persuasively at the college level, using the skills of critical thinking.
- Interpret and produce content and communications in a variety of digital media.
- Make informed comparisons of different cultures, worldviews, and social practices.
- Critically appreciate different concepts of art from a variety of world traditions.
- Understand scientific concepts and methodology and/or the principles of quantitative reasoning.
- Articulate their own perspective regarding the interrelationship between the liberal arts and sciences and the fine and performing arts.