UNCSA cancels student and guest artist performances through May 8
The University of North Carolina School of the Arts has canceled all remaining student and guest artist performances through May 8, 2020, in keeping with measures being taken by state and federal leaders and guidance by the UNC System to limit the spread of COVID-19. The university announced on March 13 that it would suspend student and guest artist performances through April 5.
“We had initially hoped that we would be able to resume some aspects of our calendar of performances for the spring semester, but with the guidance of public health professionals and the UNC System, we believe it is in the best interest of our community to cancel all public events through the end of the semester,” said Interim Chancellor Brian Cole.
“We are saddened as we take these unprecedented measures, but we are confident in the resilience of our students, faculty and staff and we are grateful for the overwhelming support of our extended UNCSA community,” Cole said. “We look forward to the day when everyone can come together on campus to tell our stories of perseverance, strength and creativity in the face of this global crisis.”
Canceled performances include:
- UNCSA Jazz Ensemble at The Ramkat, March 22
- UNCSA Symphony Orchestra, March 28
- Undergraduate Opera Scenes, March 29
- Low Brass Studio recital, March 31
- “The Odyssey,” March 26 through 29 and April 2 through 4
- Concerto Competition, April 5
- Cantata Singers Spring Concert, April 5
- UNCSA Wind Ensemble, April 9
- Warp Trio in Concert, April 14
- Devised Theater Performance, April 16 through 19
- Guitar Studio Recital: Stayin' Alive!, April 17
- Fletcher Opera Institute: Thérèse Raquin, April 22, 24 and 26
- Spring Dance, April 23 through 26
- Piano Studio Recital, April 24
- Third-Year Films Screening, May 7
- Fourth-Year Films Screening, May 8
The university also announced today that it will continue online delivery of all courses for the remainder of the spring semester.
Get the best news, performance and alumni stories from UNCSA.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTERS