All supplemental application documentation including portfolio documents must be submitted as part of the application by the listed film school deadline. Applicants who do not meet the minimum criteria and have not completed all supplemental documents will not be evaluated by faculty for admission.
There are two aspects required for your portfolio:
A “Personal Story Video” - Record yourself telling a personal story, no longer than 2 minutes in length, about something that happened to you. The 2-minute constraint is designed to encourage concise, clear storytelling. The uploaded video presentation should be recorded simply, not rehearsed or read. There should not be any staging, editing or special effects. Allow yourself to be the focus of the piece.
An original portfolio of your creative work. The portfolio should demonstrate your artistic talents and interests and should include any one or more of the following examples of creative work:
- Short film(s) or clips of your work shot on film or video (total combined time should be 10 minutes or less)
- Still photographs demonstrating your eye for lighting, color, and composition
- Hand-drawn sketches, paintings, or computer-aided drawings (not necessarily related to film) that demonstrate your graphic ability and artistic vision
- Photographs of any three-dimensional work (models, sculpture) you have designed
- Written work: short stories, screenplays, or essays
- Elements of theatrical productions in which you have worked in any capacity