An artistic portfolio is required by the application deadline. The portfolio should demonstrate your artistic talents and interests.
All supplemental application documentation including portfolio documents must be received by the Admissions Office no later than the application deadline or your interview may be subject to cancellation. Portfolios submitted after your interview date will not be considered.
Video files should be uploaded to a website such as Vimeo or YouTube and links should be placed on your resume or on a .pdf or .doc file and uploaded as a “film portfolio” document type. Please make sure the video is viewable to the public and/ or to anyone with the link and not marked private.
Non-video files should be uploaded as a .pdf or .doc as a “film portfolio” document type on our upload form. Photos may be combined in a .pdf or .doc and uploaded as one or multiple files (if photos are too large, the upload form may time out, so reducing size may be beneficial – make sure to preview your file before uploading to make sure the quality is clear).
Your portfolio should include any one or more of the following examples of creative work:
- Short film(s) or clips of your work shot on film or video (no longer than 10 minutes in length)
- Still photographs demonstrating your eye for lighting, color, and composition
- Hand-drawn sketches, paintings, or computer-aided drawings (not necessarily related to film) that demonstrate your graphic ability and artistic vision
- Photographs of any three dimensional work (models, sculpture) you have designed
- Written work: short stories, screenplays, or essays
- Elements of theatrical productions in which you have worked in any capacity