The office of Learning Resources offers free peer tutoring in a variety of courses for all enrolled UNCSA students.
Make an Appointment
UNCSA students can arrange by appointment to meet with tutors. Email the Peer Tutoring supervisor, Mimi Harding at email@example.com for more information about peer tutoring or to make an online appointment.
Become a Tutor
To become a Peer Tutor for a particular course, students must meet the following qualifications:
- Must have mastered the content and completed the course.
- Must have received or request a referral from faculty, recommending and approving student for a Peer Tutor position for their course.
- Must be in good academic standing overall and in the course they are to tutor in.
- Must be in compliance with all student conduct codes as per the Student Handbook.
Reach out to Mimi Harding at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about becoming a peer tutor.
A Typical Tutoring Session
Tutors work with tutees to provide the following:
- Clarification on concepts
- Review homework and class notes
- Discuss class content
- Ask questions
- Share study strategies and resources
- Exam preparation
Tutors are hired and trained by the office of Learning Resources. Effective tutors are welcomed and encouraged to return as tutors for additional semesters. Effective tutoring:
- Is a collaboration between the tutor and the tutee (student) where the tutee can build and develop their skills and knowledge of a particular course.
- Allows the tutee to become an engaged and self-disciplined learner.
- Is to be as comfortable as possible for students who come for assistance. The atmosphere
is to be friendly, interesting, and understanding of the anxiety many students experience
about a course as well as asking for help.
Tutoring is available for the following courses; however, if a tutor is needed for a course not listed, a staff member with the office of Learning Resources will provide support until a tutor has been secured:
- Italian I & II
- German I & II
- History of Musical Styles
- Nutrition and Personal Health