UNCSA alumna Holland Berson is a makeup/effects artist and wig maker. She serves as the director of the School of Design & Production's Wig & Makeup Design program. She provides her students with plenty of information, showing them her preferred method, then allows them to create their own path.
My aim is that my students are humble about their knowledge, confident in their skills, and never afraid of a challenge.Holland Berson
Berson is a makeup and effects artist for films, photo shoots and special events, and builds and styles wigs for film, theater, events and everyday use. She also works with Human Analogue Applications to design, prototype and produce surgical trainers. She is a member of the artist co-op Delurk Gallery in downtown Winston-Salem.
- Lead Designer for Human Analogue Applications
- Designed, prototyped and produced a trichiasis surgical trainer at HAA that is being distributed internationally through various organizations to third world countries in need ("Head Start")
Awards, Recognitions and Honors
- Don Post Mask Maker’s Competition, 2nd place, 2012
- Kryolan National Makeup Design Award, 2012
- First Wig and Makeup artist to display in USITT Young Designer’s Forum, 2012
- Focal Press Styling Award, 2010
- Active member of the artist co-op Delurk Gallery