Medical services are provided by a team consisting of a Board Certified Family Physician, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, and certified medical assistant. UNCSA partners with Wake Forest Baptist Health Sports Medicine Physicians.
On-campus weekly clinics are held to evaluate and follow up with students facing injury, providing referrals for imaging, specialist, and other services through Wake Forest Baptist Health Medical Center.
Hours and Location
7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Note: Open 8 a.m.-7 p.m. on Wednesdays.
Closed Friday from 9:15-11 a.m. for staff meeting
The Health Service staff can provide services that you would find at a medical practice.
- Allergy injections
- Immunizations (consent form)
- General medical care for illness and/or injury
- Routine laboratory testing
- Contraception (birth control pills, condoms)
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) screening
- Physical exams
- Psychiatry services (9 month academic year)
- Nutritional counseling by a Registered Dietitian
- Health Education Services provides health and wellness presentations, classroom collaboration, health coaching awareness events and campaigns and one-on-one consultations.
- Athletic Trainer services
- Physical Therapy services
- Referrals for specialists, radiology and dental needs
- Self-service station is stocked with over-the-counter medications and bandages