AUX Gaming Network
UNCSA allows students to connect some gaming consoles and smart devices to the wireless Auxiliary (AUX) Network. By registering a device, each student can connect their smart or gaming devices to the AUX Network. Laptops and desktops should continue to access wireless via the Student Network due to security issues.
To Register a Device:
- Locate device’s wireless MAC address.
- Connect device to the AUX_Network.
- From a separate device, register your device
Devices to Register
Devices that would benefit from using the AUX Network are Smart TVs, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Roku, game consoles (Xbox, Wii, PlayStation), Kindle, Blu-Ray players, etc. This service is offered as a convenience to residential students; UNCSA Technology Support does not provide support for gaming consoles and smart devices.
- Not all gaming consoles are capable of connecting to UNCSA's networks.
- Some smart devices or game features may not work well on the wireless network due to the differences between home and enterprise networks.