Travel Advance Request Information

Faculty Development funds must be expended within one year of the date of the award letter. All expenditures of Faculty Development funds are subject to UNCSA Foundation Spending Policies (PDF).  If you have any questions about the policy or the forms, please contact the Teaching and Learning Center at 336-726-6961 or

The Foundation Travel Authorization form (Excel) can be found on the Foundation Forms web page. Travel advances are requested by completing a Foundation Check Request form.

Foundation Check Request PDF form


  • The maximum advance available is 75% of the award.
  • If you would like to receive the funds electronically, submit EFT Vendor Form  with the Foundation Check Request form.
  • Advances must be reconciled on the Travel Expenses Report with original receipts attached upon return from travel, see Travel Reimbursement.
  • Any advanced funds not spent must be returned to the Foundation immediately.