Travel Authorization Procedure

Faculty Development funds must be expended within one year of the date of the award letter. The Travel Authorization form must be completed at least two weeks prior to domestic travel and three weeks prior to international travel. (If the travel is in-state or one day in duration and no airfare and/or subsistence applies, you do not have to complete this form. If the travel is in-state but requires an overnight stay, you do have to complete this form.)

All expenditures of Faculty Development funds are subject to UNCSA Foundation Spending Policies (PDF).  If you have any questions about the policy or the forms, please contact the Teaching and Learning Center at 336-726-6961. The Foundation Travel Authorization form (Excel) can be found on the Foundation Forms web page.

Foundation Travel Authorization form (Excel)

Helpful Tips:

  1. In the Purpose of University Travel” field, enter “Faculty Development Grant” and “project title”.
  2. Leave the Fund Code field blank and is entered by Teaching and Learning Center once you submit your request to its office.
  3. If you plan to request a travel advance, be sure to enter the amount in the Requested Cash Advance field. You will still need to submit a Foundation Request form to request the check. (See check request procedure.)
  4. Obtain Dean Signature in the Authorized By field.
  5. International trips are approved by the Chancellor. Domestic trips are approved by the Provost.
  6. Complete the Travel Authorization Form in its entirety to avoid any delays for planning your travels.

Once completed and all signatures have been obtained,  retain the form until you are ready to submit your travel advance request or your travel reimbursement. 

Video with instructions