International Student Frequently Asked Questions

The following is a list of frequently asked questions from prospective international students.

What do I need to do to apply to UNCSA?

The application process for international high school, undergraduate and graduate applicants is the same as it is for applicants who are U.S. citizens.

International students are required to provide additional documentation. An English translated transcript with credential evaluation and GPA equivalent from a certifying agency is required upon submitting your application. An admissions decision will not be released until these documents have been received. Approved certifying agencies can be found at or

International applicants should submit official ACT, SAT, TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo scores. Minimum score requirements for international students are:

  • TOEFL iBT or TOEFL iBT Home Edition: 79
  • IELTS Academic: 6.5
  • Duolingo English Test: 100
  • ACT: English Language Arts (ELA) section: 21
  • SAT: Evidence-Based Reading & Writing (ERW) section: 540

The UNCSA Bulletin also has information for international students.


Can I apply for Financial Aid?

International students are not eligible for any federally funded financial aid. International students are not eligible for the work-study program because it is a federally funded program.

Can I apply for UNCSA scholarships and grants?

Yes, you are eligible to apply.



Due to the limited availability of funding, you are encouraged to also search for and apply for scholarships and grants in your home country. You may also wish to search on: