High School Music Admissions
The UNCSA School of Music High School program is for students in grades 9–12. Students can enter into the high school music program at any grade level with the exception of the Voice program, which is for grades 11 and 12 only.
Along with your online application and required application documents, you will audition with the arts faculty. Admission into the School of Music program is based on a combination of your artistic and academic merits.
Deadlines & Audition Dates
School of Music auditions have moved online for the 2021-22 academic year. In order to be reviewed for admission - the application, fee and all required documents must be submitted by one of the designated deadlines:
|December 4, 2020 (11:59 pm)
January 18, 2021 (11:59 pm)
March 1, 2021 (11:59 pm)
March 26, 2021: Music Admission notification date
Live virtual auditions or interviews will be scheduled at a later date and only after an application is submitted. Applicants will be notified after Dec. 4, 2020 when scheduling is available.
GPA & Academic Requirements
Completed Application, Fees & Required Documents
- Complete the online application.
- Pay your Application Fee: $95 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents, $130 for
international applicants. Application fees are non-refundable.
- Online: Follow payment instructions at the end of the application.
- Check or Money Order (through a U.S. bank): Make payable to "UNCSA" and include your full legal name. Mail your payment and fully legible name of the applicant to the Office of Admissions.
- International Applicants: Use Flywire to pay your application fee online through an international bank or pay by check or money order through a U.S. bank as listed above.
- Upload all Required Application Documents by your application materials deadline above prior to your scheduled audition.
Please note: If you are applying to two different UNCSA art schools (Music, Drama, Design & Production/Visual Arts and Dance) you will need to complete a second application and pay a second application fee.