High School Music Admissions
The UNCSA School of Music high school program is for students in grades 9–12. Students enter into the high school music program at any grade level with the exception of the Voice program, which is for grades 11 and 12 only. Admissions is based on a combination of artistic and academic merits.
Deadlines & Audition Dates
Auditions are conducted in-person, closely following campus Community Health Standards. Applicants are required to submit recording(s) and schedule a live audition. Select programs prescreen applicants to determine if a live audition or interview will be conducted.
Qualifying applicants who submit a completed application, application fee, and all Required Application Documents by the appropriate deadline will be invited to schedule an audition for faculty.
Audition registration will begin no later than November 1, 2022.
|Application and application fee submitted||December 1, 2022 (11:59 p.m. EST)|
|All materials uploaded||January 18, 2023 (11:59 p.m. EST)|
|Decision released||March 24, 2023|
GPA & Academic Requirements
Completed Application, Fees & Required Documents
- Complete the online application.
- Pay your Application Fee: $95 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents, $130 for
international applicants. Application fees are non-refundable.
- Online: Follow payment instructions at the end of the application or on your Admissions Portal.
- Check or Money Order (through a U.S. bank): Make payable to "UNCSA" and include your full legal name. Mail your payment and fully legible name of the applicant to the Office of Admissions.
- International Applicants: Use Flywire to pay your application fee online through an international bank or pay by check or money order through a U.S. bank as listed above.
- Upload all Required Application Documents prior to their appointed deadline.
Please note: If applying to two different UNCSA art schools (Dance, Drama, Music and Visual Arts), a completed second application and fee is required.