Military Benefits

The Office of the Registrar is the certifying official for veterans' educational benefits. Students are required to first choose a school and submit an application to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The VA can help you get started with applying for Veterans Benefits.

UNCSA Forms for Military

For information on benefits provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs, students should visit For questions on certification of benefits, please contact the Registrar.

Information for New Veteran Students

To be certified for education benefits through the VA, do the following:

First Time Using Benefits

If this is your first time using VA benefits, submit the applicable form below to the VA and provide a copy to the Registrar. Forms available online at

  • Chapter 31: Submit Form 28-1900
  • Chapter 33, 30, 1606, or 1607: Submit Form 22-1990 (also attach a copy of your DD-214-member or NOBE). If you apply for Chapter 33, the VA will issue you a Certificate of Eligibility listing the length and percentage of benefits for which you have been approved.
  • Chapter 35: Submit Form 22-5490

Used Benefits at Other Institutions

If you have used your benefits before at another institution:

  • Chapter 33, 30, 1606, or 1607: Submit Form 22-1995 (change of place of training)
  • Chapter 35: Submit Form 22-5495: (dependents and survivors change of place of training)

Once you have complete these forms, mail or fax copies to the Office of the Registrar.