Faculty Serious Illness & Disability Leave

University policy does not provide a sick or annual leave allowance for multi‐year contract faculty. However, should a faculty member be absent due to a serious health condition or family leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), they may request paid leave pursuant to the  UNCSA medical leave policy. Other faculty classifications are not eligible for this benefit.


Faculty should first apply for FMLA with Human Resources. Once approved, the faculty member should contact Faculty Affairs regarding Faculty Serious Illness and Disability Leave.

Questions regarding FMLA should be directed to Human Resources. Questions regarding Faculty Serious Illness and Disability Leave (FSIDL) should be directed to Faculty Affairs.