Kenan Institute announces recipients of 2019-20 Faculty Leadership Grants
The Thomas S. Kenan Institute for the Arts awards Faculty Leadership Grants each year to faculty members at UNCSA. The grants provide UNCSA faculty the opportunity to develop and implement innovative ideas that advance creative learning on campus and beyond.
Each fall, the Kenan Institute invites faculty to apply for the grants, which can range anywhere from $300 to $5,000, to support projects led by the faculty member. Past recipients have utilized the grants to fund student and faculty exchange programs, bring renowned guest artists and special projects to campus, support community outreach and attend and present at professional conferences.
The Institute seeks proposals that explore new approaches to creative learning challenges, impact student learning outcomes, engage diverse stakeholders on campus and beyond, and produce ideas, initiatives and/or curricular innovations, among other guidelines.
Recipients of the 2019-20 Faculty Leadership Grants are instructors in the Division of Liberal Arts and Schools of Design & Production, Drama, Filmmaking and Music.
Recipients and project titles include:
Division of Liberal Arts
- Andrew Britt, “Reconstruction Sacred Spaces in Afro-São Paulo”
School of Design & Production
- Molly McCarter, “The Motherhood Project Workshop”
- Wade Wilson, “David Kneupper, Master of Themed Entertainment Composition and Sound Design”
School of Drama
- Robin Christian-McNair, “VASTA Conference, Australia”
- Janine Hawley, “Intergenerational Women’s Chorus”
- Cameron Knight, “Shakespeare and Gender: Workshops and performance by Lisa Wolpe”
- Ann Louise Wolf, “Wolf Method Expansion”
School of Filmmaking
School of Music
- Joseph Pecoraro, “Alexander Technique Teacher Training”
- Saxton Rose, “Video Production Bootcamp and Equipment Repository”
More information about the 2019-20 recipients’ projects can be found on the Faculty Leadership Grants page.