I employ real world, time-tested techniques and processes that I have developed over my career as a professional Motion Picture Sound Designer. This is delivered in the classroom through one-hour lectures that are connected to hands-on practical two-hour labs. Immediately after the lecture the students start the two-hour lab. This schedule allows the students to rapidly connect to a practical application with the weekly lecture material, which, I think, accelerates the learning process. This allows students to get beyond the technology at their fingertips and begin to perform as artists in designing and mixing motion picture sound tracks for the practicum films.
- "The Perfect Storm"
Awards, Recognitions and Honors
- Six Motion Picture Sound Editors - Golden Reel Awards
- Featured in articles for Mix Magazine, Surround Professional, Audio Technology, Harmon Pro, and many others notable industry publications.
- Expert perspective for textbooks such as "Focal Press’ Designing Sound for Animation," by Robin Beauchamp.
- Motion Picture Editors Guild
- Motion Picture Sound Editors
- Screen Actors Guild
- Chair, Board of Directors, Piedmont-Triad Film Commission