Wade Wilson teaches Sound Design in the School of Design & Production, after having taught for 11 years in the School of Filmmaking. In his classes, he employs real world, time-tested techniques and processes that he has developed over his career as a professional motion picture sound designer.
Wilson delivers his classes through one-hour lectures that are connected to hands-on practical two-hour labs. This schedule allows his students to rapidly connect to a practical application with the weekly lecture material, which Wilson believes accelerates the learning process.
I ask my students to see themselves as sound designers; as sound designers to see themselves as storytellers; as storytellers to see themselves as artists; and as artists to see themselves as offering something profound and meaningful to the world.Wade Wilson
- Worked on "The Perfect Storm," "Shrek," "Elf," "Madagascar," "Futurama" and "The Hunger Games"
- "Abundant Acreage Available" won Best Screenplay at the Tribeca Film Festival
Awards, Recognitions and Honors
- UNC Board of Governors Excellence in Teaching Award, 2020
- Five Golden Reel Award nominations
- Featured in articles for Mix Magazine, Surround Professional, Audio Technology, Harmon Pro and many others notable industry publications
- Expert perspective for textbooks, such as "Focal Press' Designing Sound for Animation," by Robin Beauchamp
- Motion Picture Editors Guild
- Motion Picture Sound Editors
- Screen Actors Guild
- Chair, Board of Directors, Piedmont Triad Film Commission
A.A. Liberal ArtsWest Lost Angeles College