The Office of the Registrar is the certifying official for veterans' educational benefits. Students are required to first choose a school and submit an application to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The VA can help you get started with applying for Veterans Benefits.
UNCSA Forms for Military
Information for New Veteran Students
To be certified for education benefits through the VA, do the following:
- Apply through the UNCSA Office of Admissions and be accepted.
- Apply for benefits through the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs
- Register for classes using UNCSA's E-Z Arts student portal. (Veterans Affairs only pays for courses required in your program.)
- Submit a UNCSA Application for Certification of Veterans Benefits.
- Have all high school and college transcripts on file. This is a VA requirement.
First Time Using Benefits
If this is your first time using VA benefits, submit the applicable form below to the VA and provide a copy to the Registrar. Forms available online at www.va.gov.
- Chapter 33, 30, 1606, or 1607: Submit Form 22-1990 (also attach a copy of your DD-214-member or NOBE). If you apply for Chapter 33, the VA will issue you a Certificate of Eligibility listing the length and percentage of benefits for which you have been approved.
- Chapter 35: Submit Form 22-5490
Used Benefits at Other Institutions
If you have used your benefits before at another institution:
- Chapter 33, 30, 1606, or 1607: Submit Form 22-1995 (change of place of training)
- Chapter 35: Submit Form 22-5495: (dependents and survivors change of place of training)
Once you have complete these forms, mail or fax copies to the Office of the Registrar.