The Office of the Registrar is the certifying official for veterans' educational benefits. Students are required to first choose a school and submit an application to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The VA can help you get started with applying for Veterans Benefits.
UNCSA Forms for Military
- Application for Certification of Veterans Benefits
- Zedalis Scholarship for Military Affiliated Students
Information for New Veteran Students
To be certified for education benefits through the VA, do the following:
- Apply through the UNCSA Office of Admissions and be accepted.
- Apply for benefits through the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs
- Register for classes using UNCSA's E-Z Arts student portal. (Veterans Affairs only pays for courses required in your program.)
- Submit a UNCSA Application for Certification of Veterans Benefits.
- Have all high school and college transcripts on file. This is a VA requirement.
First Time Using Benefits
If this is your first time using VA benefits, submit the applicable form below to the VA and provide a copy to the Registrar. Forms available online at www.va.gov.
- Chapter 33, 30, 1606, or 1607: Submit Form 22-1990 (also attach a copy of your DD-214-member or NOBE). If you apply for Chapter 33, the VA will issue you a Certificate of Eligibility listing the length and percentage of benefits for which you have been approved.
- Chapter 35: Submit Form 22-5490
Used Benefits at Other Institutions
If you have used your benefits before at another institution:
- Chapter 33, 30, 1606, or 1607: Submit Form 22-1995 (change of place of training)
- Chapter 35: Submit Form 22-5495: (dependents and survivors change of place of training)
Once you have complete these forms, mail or fax copies to the Office of the Registrar.