Tools for You
Tools for You
Telling your story
People are the story at UNCSA. Share what you are doing with the campus and beyond.
We offer several resources for you to tell your story.
- Writing for the web - Is the web the best place for your message? How to write something people will read.
- Style Guide - Your quick reference for writing rules, troublesome words, capitalization.
- Social Media Guidelines - Best practices and tips managing UNCSA-related social media accounts.
- News & Promotion Guidelines - Guidance on working with the media. Using recruitment and institutional promotion materials.
- Headshot Guidelines - Images help a story. We offer complimentary headshots to faculty, but departments can hire a photographer too. Here is what to wear, the cost and how to schedule a headshot.
Where to share your story
- My SA announcements are posted several places on the website, depending on the content of the story. Students, faculty and staff can send in an announcement using the IT & Web portal at the bottom of every web page.
- Faculty Profile - Faculty use this form to tell prospective students about yourself, your teaching style and education
- Press release suggestion - Email Media Relations Manager Lauren Whitaker to get help with getting your story out to the media.
- Web story suggestion- Email Digital Content Manager Hannah Callaway if you have suggest for a story about our students, faculty, alumni or event.